For those who have been awaiting this moment, wait no longer, I have finally published my famous Burrito Bowl Recipe! I pride myself on making diverse meal preps that are really healthy but taste like anything you’ve ever craved . . . and this is just one of them!
- 1 1/2 Cup of Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup of chopped Cilantro (Stem Off)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter (non-marginalized)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt (I personally recommend adding salt to taste but in case you need a marker – 1/2 tsp per cup of rice)
- 3 Chicken Breasts (boneless)
- 2 Cans of Black Beans
- 2 Cans of sweet yellow corn (Washed and added to plate)/ 3 cups of frozen corn kernels (will need to be boiled prior to serving)
Cooking Time !
Cilantro Lime Rice
** Remember that brown rice naturally takes a much longer time to cook **
- Bring rice to a boil in 2 1/2 cups of Water, add in your salt, butter, cilantro, lime juice, and lemon juice. Cover, and reduce heat to allow for a slow and steady simmer. (Do this for about 35-50 minutes depending on your desired doneness)
Cajun Chicken Breast
- The first thing you will want to do prior to preparing your chicken is placing it in a bowl with water and vinegar/lemon juice (not only does this rid the chicken of bacteria but it eliminates the potential of the chicken developing what Jamaicans call a “raw” taste from sitting in the fridge – translation: a gross/staleish taste)
- Once you’ve done this you will cut each chicken breast in half vertically, to provide two thinner pieces of chicken (This allows you to cook the chicken faster and more thoroughly and usually gives you more meat for your prep if your goal is to eat 100 grams of chicken/meat per meal)
- After cautiously splitting the chicken breasts and pouring out the water it was in it is time to begin seasoning. I season with about 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 cup cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon dried onion powder, 1 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (You can also adjust these seasonings to your own liking – just don’t add too much salt!)
- Using 1 tablespoon of corn oil, I place the seasoned breasts in a large frying pan (wait until the oil is hot, you don’t want the chicken to be literally soaked in oil) – the pan should be on high heat for one side (7), and once an even brown color is achieved flip the breasts and reduce to medium/low heat for a thorough cook.
- Open your can of Black Beans, and wash the beans off in a strainer (I do this to eliminate can residue and to rid the beans of its original water)
- Place beans into a hot frying pan (Without Oil), and add 1 1/2 teaspoon of tex mex spice, let sit on medium-low heat for approximately 5 minutes, then remove from the stove top.
𝒩𝑜𝓌 𝒮𝑒𝓉 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 & 𝐸𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎 !
When prepping this meal into one container I place: 1/2 cup cilantro lime rice, 100g of chicken breast, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup Black Beans
** Feel free to add cheese, salsa, and/or sour cream to make this delicious bowl taste 10x more crave-able !