THE BOOKS I READ
Before sharing the tips that really launched my business and mindset forward for an amazing 2020 fiscal year, here is a list of the books that most contributed to my growth this year!
List of Books to Help You Boss Up:
1) You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living An Awesome Life – Jen Sincero
2) #MaxOut Your Life: Strategies for Becoming an Elite Performer – Ed Mylett
3) The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever – Michael Bungay Stanier
4) The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life – Robin Sharma
5) The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
6) No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline – Brian Tracy
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BOOKS I USED TO BOSS UP!
BIGGEST TIPS TO BOSSING UP
What you need to do and know to change your mindset!
- GET OUT OF YOUR OWN HEAD – There are a lot of things that might get in the way of your success and/or dreams but the most detrimental of all is yourself. Stop worrying about failure or rejection and just acknowledge that you are capable of GREAT THINGS!
- CREATE A ROUTINE FOR SUCCESS – Goals and dreams do not just appear out of thin air! You need to create a schedule that can keep you focused on achieving your daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Determine what time you want to wake up daily, when you will complete your most important tasks, read a couple chapters of self-development, and implementing “block times” (watch the video to learn more of this)
- LISTEN MORE AND SPEAK LESS – This is a skill that took me a while to grasp but is innate to others. When speaking with friends, family, potential markets, and clients pay very close attention to what they really want! DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING AT FACE VALUE – sometimes people do not clearly communicate what they would like to and therefore it is easier to do our best to listen and understand.
This can be beneficial in servicing your market/building clientele but will also aid in better understanding constructive criticism.
4. PRIORITIZE, PRIORITIZE, PRIORITIZE – This goes hand-in-hand with the notion of making the most out of your day (mentioned in my video)! It doesn’t matter how many or how little tasks you have to complete it always feels as if there is not enough time in the day. In order to overcome this feeling it is essential to number your tasks (in your calendar/ planner) from most important to least. Commit to completing your top 2 tasks before starting anything else.
Don’t waste your time completing “worthless tasks”, instead maximize by doing what is integral to creating change.
5. WRITE, REWRITE AND READ YOUR GOALS DAILY – It means nothing to simply have goals (trust me I know!), you need to put yourself in a position to write out your goals twice daily remember them, alter them, add to them but most importantly read over them! Everyday I write on a clean sheet of paper, numbering my goals from 1 to 11 comparing and contrasting where the goals fall on the spectrum each day.
Goals are ever changing and are fluid with the events in our lives. It is essential to remind yourself of your MOST CURRENT goals, to avoid being discouraged and/or intimidated in the face of failure.
I hope you were all able to gain some skill-sets from this blog and my video on Bossing Up for 2020! Be sure to subscribe to both my channel and my site.